Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween Memories

Halloween has been one of my favorite holidays to celebrate since I was a child.  Collecting candy, dressing up in costumes and walking one night a completely different person than you are the rest of the year always excited me.  After growing up it does begin to lose it’s interests.  Trick or Treating is mainly a children event.  When I was a child I always enjoyed dressing up in something scary and terrorizing everyone I walked by, I was never into the humorous and goofy costumes.  I always wished trick or treating happened later in the night, because I always wanted to look scary I thought it was pointless that trick or treating started when the sun was still up.  My favorite memories of Halloween were probably all the nights my cousin and I spent counting our candy and staying the night at each other’s house after a long night of trick or treating.  We’d always stay up as late as we could without passing out playing video games.  Halloween has always been a time where I enjoy being with my friends and organizing either a haunted house or just hanging out afterwards.  In the later years of my childhood after trick or treating got old, my friends and I would always go buy a lot of toilet paper and hit our friends houses and write all over their cars windows with window paint.  Sometimes we got caught and were forced to run to keep from having to clean up our messes, fortunately we never got in trouble with the police.  But for the most part I’d say Halloween’s always been a time of year where I have a lot of fun, I think the fun just changes form as you get older. 

2 comments:

  1. I agree, Halloween was also one of my favorite holidays when growing up. But as I have grew up it changes even though its still fun to dress up and go to a party on Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love dressing up as someone else for the night

    ReplyDelete