Friday, October 22, 2010

Writing and Revision

All throughout our lives we’ve been writing and revising papers.  Every year I learn something new and it helps improve my writing whether it be a new format of writing that I find easier or if it’s just expanding my vocabulary.  This year, we have been exposed to analytical responses and we’ve been improving our summarizing.  As far as summarizing has gone, I feel I have improved, however, analyzing is a much more difficult style of writing that I need to work on.  My original drafts for this class have, for the most part, been pretty decent, most revisions I make are either spelling or grammar issues.  I actually find the drafting process an effective form of revision, because after writing a paper I find it helpful for others to read it as well and give me suggestions on how to improve.  The drafting process has made a big difference in the way I write because it gives me a chance to see a different perspective and to receive ideas from others with different writing skills and formats.  Instructor comments have also helped to improve any future writings.  The revision process hasn't given me any issues I’ve just had problems with analyzing rhetorical situations which I’m working on improving.

No comments:

Post a Comment